Side Stream Filtration
How dirty is your Cooling Tower?
Keeping water clean is a key element for the safe operation of cooling towers. This can be achieved with well-designed side stream filtration.
Side stream filtration is an effective tool for the control of deposition and fouling in a cooling water system/cooling tower.
Why is side stream filtration so important?
- Cooling towers scrub large volumes of air to remove solids like dust, microbiological organisms, and various airborne debris. Tower water adds suspended solids in the form of corrosion products, microbiological growths and wood fibers from the tower and process leaks.
- The highest risk in the cooling tower is microbial contamination and this is reduced if we can remove organic sludge.
- If allowed to settle, these solids can generate many problems within the system.
- When there is evidence of a lot of dirt and debris present, even the best treatment program can be severely strained.
Significant improvement will be realised with the use of a side stream filter:
A side stream filter will benefit the system through:
- Water Savings & Financial savings
- Increased equipment life
- Increased chemical efficiency
- Chemical program is more effective
- Better system efficiency
- Reduced labour costs
- Reduced corrosion rates
- Reduced maintenance costs
- Reduced risk of microbial contamination
- Reduced risk of blockage
- Reduced fouling of Cooling tower fill pack/heat exchanger surfaces
Improvements include: cleaner heat transfer surfaces, better energy efficiency and less frequent cleaning intervals.
Contact your nearest Integra representative for more information about how this technology can help you.